Rangers: citizens for nature protection actions.
The word “Rangers” expresses the idea that citizens get involved for the nature as Rangers for their natural park.
Some nature protection actions, among the most motivating for the general public, can be organized in the form of tourist activities.
For example, monitoring a river for the survey and characterization of beaver sites.
Participation in Ranger actions:
– beaver/wolf monitoring
– cleaning, planting, ecological management, …
Benelux, Suisse, World
3 hours (“1/2 day”), 6 hours (“full day”), 2 days and +
Periods of the day (4)
Dawn, morning, afternoon, evening
Monitoring beaver and wolf populations
Information, education, population monitoring, conflict prevention
– monitoring of a river for the survey and characterization of beaver sites
– protection of certain trees against beaver cutting
– installation of water level control systems for beaver dams
Information, education, conflict prevention
– breeding livestock guardian dogs
– commissioning of livestock guardian dogs
– installation of wolf proof fences
Classic Ranger actions: cleaning of natural sites, plantations, construction and installation of birdboxes, management of wild meadows by grazing or mowing, etc.